Quick & Easy Medical TerminologyBook - 2017 | 8th edition
Read, write, and speak medical terms in no time with Leonard's Quick & Easy Medical Terminology, 8th Edition. Ideal for one-semester courses and self-study, this clear, concise text covers disorders, diagnosis, and treatment with a strong focus on anatomy for an integrated discussion of each body system. Small bits of information are presented then immediately tested for comprehension using a combination of programmed and traditional review questions. With new case studies, terms, and photos, plus help from the companion Evolve site, Quick & Easy Medical Terminology provides you with simple tools for good communication in the health care environment.
- Brief explanations and a focus on basic word-building skills make this text perfect for shorter, one- or two-credit medical terminology courses or self-study.
- Moderate anatomy and physiology coverage offers just the right amount of anatomical information to support the terminology presented.
- Programmed learning improves your comprehension by offering immediate feedback.
- Review exercises integrated throughout lesson material enable you to test your knowledge and retention of material more frequently for quick reinforcement.
- Medical reports with review exercises allow you to study terminology in documents similar to those seen in the clinical setting - and practice using terms in real-life situations.
- Quick Tips located throughout the text provide fun facts and memory aids.
- Student Evolve resources include games; activities; flash cards; animations, pharmacology, CAM, and genetics appendices; audio terms, and mobile quizzes and flash cards that offer additional opportunities to quickly gauge strong and weak areas in a fun, interactive environment.
- NEW! 14 additional case studies with exercises let you practice medical terminology in context.
- NEW! Elsevier's Adaptive Learning (EAL) updated to accompany the text and provide an engaging, interactive learning experience that transforms textbook information into lasting knowledge.
- NEW and UPDATED! Terms, definitions, and procedures keep you up-to-date with healthcare advances.
- NEW! Photos and drawings illustrate difficult terms and procedures more clearly and consistently throughout the text.