Down South Paleo
Delectable Southern Recipes Adapted for Gluten-free, Paleo EatersBook - 2015
Delicious Paleo Comfort Food Dishes from the Heart of the South
Being Paleo doesn't mean you have to skimp on Southern cooking. In Down South Paleo, Jennifer Robins, creator of Predominantly Paleo, offers Paleo-friendly takes on Southern staples such as:
- Home-Style Chicken-Fried Steak + Cream Gravy
- Mississippi Fried Catfish + Homemade Tartar Sauce
- Texas Slow Cooker Beef Chili
- Crescent City Shrimp + Sausage Gumbo
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- Lone Star Huevos Rancheros
- Creamy Cajun Chicken + Pasta
- Mama's Fried Chicken Mashed "Taters"
Robins' mastery of alternative flours and smart use of other Paleo ingredients will keep your cooking healthy AND keep you from missing out on the comfort foods often restricted on the Paleo diet. In true Southern, comfort-food style, these Paleo twists will have you putting the extra "m" in Mmmm and saying "Y'all" like the locals in no time.