CaliforniaBook - 2016 | Revised edition
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: California will lead you straight to the best attractions this state has to offer.
Discover all the major cities and sights, from Los Angeles, Southern California, and the national parks to San Francisco and the Bay Area to wine country, the north, and more. Experience the culture, history, architecture, wildlife, beaches, and scenic walks and drives. Whether you're exploring historic towns and museums or making the most of the nightlife, this in-depth guidebook provides the insider travel tips you need.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: California.• Detailed itineraries and "don't-miss" destination highlights at a glance.
• Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
• Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
• Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
• Area maps marked with sights and restaurants.
• Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
• Suggested day trips and itineraries to explore beyond the cities and towns.
• Hotel and restaurant listings highlight DK Choice special recommendations.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: California truly shows you this state as no one else can.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: the most maps, photographs, and illustrations of any guide.
Baker & Taylor
A guide to California outlines its culture and history, offers profiles of the major cities, describes sightseeing attractions and recommends hotels and restaurants. Original.