Top Sights, Authentic ExperiencesBook - 2017 | 5th edition
Lonely Planet Discover Great Britain is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze at the ancient stones of Stonehenge, explore the winding lanes and looming castle in Edinburgh and take in the Viking and medieval history of York;all with your trusted travel companion.
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover Great Britain is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze at the ancient stones of Stonehenge, explore the winding lanes and looming castle in Edinburgh and take in the Viking and medieval history of York; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Great Britain and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover Great Britain:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, family travel, architecture, writers, artists, music, sport, food, drink.
- Free, convenient pull-out London map (included in print version), plus over 50 colour maps
- Covers London, Windsor, Canterbury, Brighton, Cambridge, Oxford, Central England, Bath, Southwest England, York, Northern England, Snowdonia, Wales, Edinburgh, Scotland and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover Great Britain , our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Great Britain's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check out the Lonely Planet's Great Britain guide.
- Looking for a guide for London? Check out the Lonely Planet London guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer; Lonely Planet Discover London, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions; or Lonely Planet Pocket London, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -- Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times