The Amplified Bible, Containing the Amplified Old Testament and the Amplified New TestamentBook - 1987
When Your Knowledge of the Original Languages of the Bible Is Limited and You Don't Want to Lose Anything in the Translation
If you want to get all the rich nuances and shades of meaning of the original Bible languages, the Amplified® Bible is for you. No working knowledge of Greek or Hebrew is required—just a desire to know more about what God says in his Word. With its unique system of brackets, parentheses, and italics, the Amplified Bible defines and expands key words and phrases right in the text. Verse by verse, the deeper meaning behind the message of Scripture unfolds as you read. This Bible features other study tools to help you to more clearly understand God’s Word:
• Uses a unique system of punctuation, italics, references, and synonyms to unlock subtle shades of meaning as found in the original Bible languages
• Footnotes provide concise historical and archaeological information and devotional insights, plus hundreds of references to select sources and authors
• Introductions and outlines for every Bible book
• Bible reading plan
• Bibliography of the sources cited in the study notes
• Glossary of the most frequent amplifications in the text
• Comprehensive concordance with 25,000 entries
• 8 pages of full-color maps
• Double-column format
• Presentation page
The Amplified Bible, in a sturdy jacketed hardcover, captures the full meaning behind the original Greek and Hebrew.
From the critics
Try searching for The Amplified Bible, Containing the Amplified Old Testament and the Amplified New Testament to see if KCLS owns related versions of the work.