Living Well With Hypothyroidism
What your Doctor Doesn't Tell You-- That You Need to KnowBook - 2000
A definitive handbook for readers suffering from hypothyroidism describes the symptoms and causes of this frequently undiagnosed but treatable disease and introduces a range of therapeutic options, including natural remedies, to help alleviate the ailment. Original.
Is hypothyroidism your problem?
For millions of Americans, fatigue, weight gain, hair loss, depression, and other symptoms often go undiagnosed and untreated. Endured by weary patients and ignored by doctors, common warning signs of hypothyroidism are often attributed to depression, stress, age, or simply dismissed as "all in the patient's head." Even diagnosed, hypothyroidism is frequently treated improperly, preventing countless numbers of people from feeling and living well.
This book, exhaustively researched by a professional writer and hypothyroidism patient, is written for patients, their families, their doctors, and the countless number of people with undiagnosed or undertreated symptoms of the disease---frustrated, as the author was, by the lack of information on the subject.
Living Well With Hypothyroidism includes dozens of compelling, first-person accounts from people who have learned to triumph over the disease and thoroughly answers such questions as:
- What is hypothyroidism?
- What are the warning signs, symptoms and risk factors?
- Why is getting diagnosed often a challenge and how can you overcome that obstacle?
- What treatments are available (including those your doctor hasn't told you about)?
- Why is the most frequently prescribed treatment often insufficient?
- What are the options and benefits of alternative therapies?
- What effects does hypothyroidism have on infertility and pregnancy?
- How do you recognize hypothyroidism in infants and children?
- What is the outlook for future treatment of hypothyroidism?
- And Much More!