Simply SaladsBook - 2006
Long gone are the days when people created their salads by purchasing a head of iceberg lettuce and a head or romaine, cutting up a tomato and a boiled egg and adding some wishbone dressing. Today anyone can create a delicious gourmet salad by picking up one of the hundreds of bagged salad mixes available and adding ingredients to create masterpieces such as:
- Mandarin Chicken Salad with Toasted Sesame Vinaigrette
- Classic Caesar Salad with Herb Croutons
- Spinach Salad with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Each salad has dressing recommendations and recipes, menu ideas, and nutritional information. The book contains recipes for more than 100 salads and dressings.
From bag to table, healthy salads have never been easier.
You've always known that eating green could be healthy, and now it's easier than ever. With the abundance of supermarket selections of prepackaged greens, you can create a restaurant-style salad?along with a fabulous dressing?in your own kitchen.
Before bagged blends, a salad with four different types of lettuces was unheard of. Now there are more than fifty different combinations of lettuces, packaged in just the right size, from which to choose. Think beyond iceberg and romaine. The more than one hundred salads and dressings in Simply Salads are colorful, gourmet, and surprisingly simple to prepare. Whether you're looking for the perfect complement to a main dish or you want a salad that can stand as an entrée, you'll find the perfect salad, including such winners as:
- Asian Salad with Ginger Dressing and Wasabi Peas (page 4)
- Jalapeño Chicken Salad with Avocado Dressing (page 40)
- Crawfish Salad with Spicy Cajun Remoulade (page 106)
- Cheese Tortellini Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette (page 172)
- Memphis Mustard Cole Slaw (page 223)
The more than one hundred salads and dressings in Simply Salads are colorful, gourmet, and surprisingly simple to prepare. Whether you're looking for the perfect complement to a main dish or you want a salad that can stand as an entrée, you'll find the perfect salad.