Business Etiquette for DummieseBook - 2008 | 2nd ed
Make no mistake, etiquette is as important in business as it is in everyday life — it’s also a lot more complicated. From email and phone communications to personal interviews to adapting to corporate and international cultural differences, Business Etiquette For Dummies, 2nd Edition, keeps you on your best behavior in any business situation.
This friendly, authoritative guide shows you how to develop good etiquette on the job and navigate today’s diverse and complex business environment with great success. You’ll get savvy tips for dressing the part, making polite conversation, minding your manners at meetings and meals, behaving at off-site events, handling ethical dilemmas, and conducting international business. You’ll find out how to behave gracefully during tense negotiations, improve your communication skills, and overcome all sorts of work-related challenges. Discover how to:
- Make a great first impression
- Meet and greet with ease
- Be a good company representative
- Practice proper online etiquette
- Adapt to the changing rules of etiquette
- Deal with difficult personalities without losing your cool
- Become a well-mannered traveler
- Develop good relationships with your peers, staff, and superiors
- Give compliments and offer criticism
- Respect physical, racial, ethnic, and gender differences at work
- Learn the difference between “casual Friday” and sloppy Saturday
- Develop cubicle courtesy
- Avoid conversational faux pas
Business etiquette is as important to your success as doing your job well. Read Business Etiquette For Dummies, 2nd Edition, and make no mistake.
Baker & Taylor
Explains how to handle contemporary business situations, including email, multicultural workplaces, ethics, conferences, and entertainment.
9780470386101 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)